Image Map

Monday 20 January 2014

New products and a freebie!


I've been working on a few more products to share with you all (sorry its taken so long to get my TpT store up and running!).

First, I found some absolutely adorable clip art and couldn't resist using it to make a Count the Room. As its the second half of the year now, I've gone for numbers from 10-20. There are so many uses for this activity - as a whole class starter, in a Maths centre, for quick finishers.




I've also completed the Tricky Word Flashcards series with Phases 3, 4 and 5 (freebie of Phase 2 available here). These tricky words are non-decodable so the children have to learn them by sight. Frequent flashcard practice and games using the words are essential!




And for my freebie...

I have some cards I used for a speech and language intervention. They are simple he/she cards of verbs which I use for a variety of one-to-one games with an EAL child who struggles with this concept. Games I've used include: basic sorting into the correct group, using two sets and playing snap (but saying 'he/she' instead of 'snap') and oral describing of the picture, using the correct pronoun repeatedly. I have included a recording sheet as well which initially can be used for simply writing 'he' or 'she' as appropriate, but later I integrate some verb practice and ask them to write simple captions 'he is washing', 'she is cutting'.





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found you today. I love your blog design! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I just found you too and LOVE the design! It's so cute and the colours are amazing!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...